MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The assistant event planner is responsible for providing organizational and operational support in the development and execution of event projects. This individual will be working with donors, vendors, business sponsors, and support prospects. Additionally, the assistant contributes to budget development; contributes to revenue growth opportunities and ensures timely, accurate invoice processing and cost-effective expense management.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Attend planning meetings with directors.
- Help create and manage event timelines and budgets.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and files for all event management projects.
- Maintain current information in databases for business contacts, donors, vendors, sponsors, and guests.
- Help create proposals, contracts, and invoices for sponsors and vendors. Manage proposals and sponsor tracking.
- Provide research support and completes tasks required for event preparation.
- Help manage design and production for printed materials, brochures, signage and other marketing pieces.
Excellent verbal and communication skills, highly organized with the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines, be able to provide outstanding customer service and remain professional at all times, must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask, must be able to think and respond quickly to offer solutions to problems/issues in an efficient manner, strong computers skills, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point, must also be able to quickly learn and manage a registration software application.