Win one of the 4 all-inclusive 2-month internship & Chinese language training in China in Summer 2016! The ICL Cup is a competition open to all young people in Switzerland. For more information about the competition, please check our “The Rules and Basic Information” section below, available in English, German and French. If you are ready to apply, start the questionnaire by clicking on one of the following link according to your mother language.
Applications are open from the 14th of December to the 14th of February
The Banque Cantonale de Genève has a tradition of promoting young people's training and offers a particularly large number of apprenticeships and traineeships for many students and young professionals during their academic career. The bank serves the Geneva economy which, year after year, has been weaving ever stronger links with China and so it is only natural for the BCGE to continue this same movement. Giving young people greater opportunities to understand China's economy is consistent with the ongoing commitment of the bank.
Enjoying a privileged relation with Switzerland thanks to our free trade agreement, China features a highly inspiring and promising market place for young Swiss, who are willing to gain expertise in the world largest economy; by supporting this outstanding initiative, the Geneva Chamber of Commerce thus underlines its support to economic dynamism and its faith in young entrepreneurs. Vincent Subilia, Deputy Director
Following the Chinese Ministry of Education’s recent announcement of reforms aiming to establish a dual track education system in China, swissnex China believes that introducing Switzerland’s highly successful dual education system to China will be extremely helpful in building upon the solid foundations already in place, in addition to improving Sino-Swiss partnership and cooperation. As part of this foundation, swissnex China fully supports the message of the ICL Cup.
The Affolter group is taking part in the ICL Cup in order to promote training in the technical trades. In its capacity as a training company employing 22 apprentices, the Affolter group is strongly committed to training professionals in mechanics, micromechanics and profile-turning. Adding an international dimension to the training already offered represents a key factor in attracting students to learn these skills. The Affolter group also has a company in Shanghai, China.
The ICL Cup is a competition open to all students, apprentices, and young graduates from Swiss schools aged between 18 and 25. The four winners will be awarded with a two-month, all-inclusive experience in China. During these two months, you will take part in an internship hosted by a multinational enterprise or a Sino-Swiss institution. You will also study Mandarin, the Chinese language. Above all, you will enjoy an outstanding international and fun experience in Shanghai for two months. You will live in an apartment in downtown Shanghai, be invited to networking and social events, and be invited to take one short trip within the region. The three winners will be selected based on their answers in the following online questionnaire.
2015 saw the 65th anniversary of the recognition of Chinese authorities by Switzerland, the signing of new agreements in Davos in the field of finance and health, and a one year implementation of free trade agreements between our two countries. In addition, China is developing its education system towards one similar to ours. Sino-Swiss agreements and further cooperation are expected in the near future. This environment is offering more and more opportunities for young Swiss students and apprentices, and the timing is perfect for an on-site experience, as well as for learning Mandarin Chinese.
• The competition is available in English, German and French. You are NOT required to speak English fluently to participate.
• Eligibility: Students, apprentices, or young graduates from a Swiss school between the ages of 18 and 25
• The competition opens on the 14th of December and closes on the 14th of February.
• All the following expenses are covered: flights, accommodation, Chinese courses, travel, events, internship placement, airport pick-up and 24/7support.
• The 4 winners will be announced in the beginning of March.
• The experience in China will last 8 weeks starting from the beginning of July. Dates can be flexible.
• The winners will be selected according to the following criteria: maturity, mind openness, motivation, and the potential impact of the experience on the candidate.
• Contact us: email@example.com
• The application process only takes 15 minutes. Start now!
Increase the awareness of China’s importance to Switzerland and the opportunities China can bring to Swiss youth.
Encourage young people to have an international experience by discovering one of our most important economic partners.
Introduce to China the efficiency of our dual education system by sending apprentices, students, and young graduates as ambassadors of our system.
1. Boost your CV: Win a scholarship and gain valuable international work experience while learning Chinese.
2. Understand the world’s largest economy.
3. Enjoy a free, fun and memorable experience in one of the most exciting cities in the world. Check out our video
4. Create an international professional network and valuable friendships.
5. Represent Switzerland and its successful dual-education system in China.
Rm.358, 3F Suntong Infoport Plaza
55 West Huai Hai Road
Rooms 05-15, 13A/F, South Tower
World Finance Center, Harbour City
17 Canton Road